Saturday, June 21, 2014

In space, no one can hear you scream. . . .

when your dice crap out on you.  Three of us got to play a small game of Firestorm Armada last night.  We kept things small, used frigates and cruisers, and basically spent the evening pushing ships around the table, making "pew, pew, pew, kaboom!" noises.  (Well, I did that, mainly, but anyway.)

It was a learning game, and we learned a few things.  Like how nasty Dindrenzi railguns can be when three of them point directly at one of your ships, and suddenly your ship is gone.  And how Terrans really like to stay far away until they can arrange a broadside, and even then, they don't want to be too close.  And how badly Jake can roll - for once, the bad dice were not confined to me (hell, I had some great rolls!), and Jake sent several concentrated beam attacks at one of my ships to do absolutely nothing.

So, I need to decide if I am going to bolster my Terrans or add more Relthoza.  Because Dindrenzi are spoken for, as well as RSN.  In the meantime, I need to finish more asteroids, and maybe build a few planets.

Later today is Warmachine, but as EO, I may not get to play.  And tomorrow is a SR tourney, where I definitely won't get to play.  I plan on taking some models along, and getting some assembly done.  Might work on putting together some of the Relic Knights stuff this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment