Monday, October 13, 2014

Delay of game

So, the JR league was delayed by a week, so as to avoid conflict with an Exigence release event in a nearby town.  Unfortunately, I could not attend the event, so I got in a game at my FLGS.  I decided on running Circle for a while, since I figure it was a good way to bone up on my power attacks and general movement shenanigans. I'm not planning on being uber-competitve, and I chose Kromac because I like the model, and I kind of wanted to paint some Tharn.

So, Kromac and some beasts don't generally do well against Saeryn, a Scythean and a Serpah, and yeah, that game was ugly.  If I had been thinking, I might have actually managed to pull it off, but I have gotten out of the habit of slamming my own models, and basically conceded the game.

I tried Kromac again today, against pSorscha, and I came close to killing her.  Mainly because she lined up a few inches behind one of her jacks, and well within the Gnarlhorns slam range.  I just could not seal the deal, and on the other players turn, he stood, popped feat, and killed my poor frozen Kromac.  Definitely a "go big, or go home," moment, and I figured that I had at least a 50/50 chance of winning.  And, if nothing else, it was fun as hell.

I have to hold on painting anything until Saturday though, since that is the official start date.  In the meantime, I am just trying to get stuff assembled and primed.  I hope to get at least 3-4 beasts done this month, and start work on Kromac and some Tharn.  Should be fun, painting something that isn't a robot, and just because.  Hell, it's fun playing games, instead of running things and teaching all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment