Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hooray, another project!

This one is post-AdeptiCon, but I may as well start talking about it now.  No, it's not painting my Reaper Bones (about 250 figs), or Relic Knights (not quite as many).  Those are coming over the next few months, but no, my post-AdeptiCon project is likely going to be this:

Lost Hemisphere's  Most Epic Extreme Unloved Models Challenge 2013

In a nutshell, here is the deal.  You pick a warlock or warcaster from your faction - one which is considered sub-par, which gets no lovin'.  Paint it up, build an army with it, and try to bat at least .500 with it over the course of the year.

That's the level 1 challenge.  If you want to make it harder, you can get the level 2 - where the LH crew picks the war[X] for you, from whatever faction you list.  If that's still not a challenge, there is the level 3 version - where the LH crew picks a war[X] for you, and then you have to use their tier list.

I decided that I might as well go all-in, and ask for level 3.  Of course, as the army altaholic, I told them that they could choose any faction, and I would give it a go.  Maybe that's a bit beyond level 3, perhaps level π or something.

Yes, I am crazy.  It's not like it's a big secret or anything.  I'm thinking, however, that I need to combine this with another challenge, a regional one that popped up on the Michigan WM facebook group:
By the end of 2013.
If you play three games at 75 points.
Three games at 100 points.
One game at 150 standard Warmachine and hordes.
1 game of unbound at any level.
At the end of the year.
 The person who put up this challenge is actually putting up some prizes for it too.  But that's not the important part - it's playing larger, different, games - actually using more of your collection at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment