Saturday, March 22, 2014

Whoops, I stopped posting again

Yeah, yeah.  Life got in the way, and I got out of the habit.  Anyway, random thought and note for the day:

On two separate game forums, people have posted about their car or house getting broken into, and someone taking a painted army.  I am pretty sure in both cases that the armies were in cases (and one may have been a gun case).  I'm not going to talk about how to store your armies safely or any of that. 

Instead, I wanted to say a few words about the response of both communities.  In both cases, word went out to look for the armies, and then people started volunteering their spare minis, offering to loan models, buy models, and so on.  It won't replace what the players lost, but it's still a neat thing, to watch a game community come together for a fellow gamer and help make right something that went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment