Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another long hiatus

Didn't get much done in the last week, and, since I picked up Captain America today, I might not paint tonight. (Yes, I saw it in the theater, but I enjoyed it enough to buy it, so I might watch it again tonight instead of painting.) Since my last excuse for an update, I have just about finished 2 Stingers and a Harrier, and have worked on the Raek and the Winter Guard figs. I have also assembled half a full unit of Bloodgorgers, and hope to finish assembling the others the next time I sit down at the desk. I am trying out a new superglue, which is supposed to be flexible. I'm hoping that it will let me avoid pinning some of the smaller parts, which would let me move a lot more of my models to the "primed" pile.

I was originally going to try and put some paint on every unfinished Warmachine or Hordes model I owned in the month of November (my own version of the Impossible Dream challenge), but with NaNoWriMo and a trip to the most expensive place on earth,it's probably going to have to wait until December.

But December also means travel - at least for a few days - into Chicagoland, so I think I may need to stop by a couple different game stores and get some of my armies beaten. Maybe once they taste the sour tang of defeat, my figs (and dice) will be more desirous of the sweet taste of victory.


Oh yeah - I also put paint onto another 40 or so Orks, but since they belong to the Company That Shall Not Be Named, I don't count them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment