Monday, October 28, 2013

The blerch

Okay, so I am swiping the concept from The Oatmeal.  I could apply it to running, but in this case, I am thinking more of gaming.  I have done jack, more or less, since my last post, at the beginning of the month.  I could offer all sorts of justifications, but the reality is that, at best, they are little more than excuses.  I could have found some way to carve out 10-15 minutes per day to work on things, I just didn't do it.

Now, thew good news is that, until the other day, my collection also had not grown any in that time period.  But on Saturday, I picked up four new Convergence units (two each of Obstructors and Reductors), as well as a Dispersion Optifex.  Ooof.  41 new figs, and I have done nothing.

So, during the down time on Saturday (I was running a steamroller tourney, so once the rounds were underway, I had some spare time), I tried to get some stuff done.  I took stuff to paint, but instead, I spent time working on models (and goofing off, sadly - though watching the games was fun, I must confess).  I have managed to get all of 1 (one, single, only, etc) model assembled of that group, though I have close to 10 of them somewhere along the assembly process.  I hope to have at least half of them assembled and primed by this weekend - and, if I do not, I should be roundly mocked.  I have an event on the 9th that I am going to attend, and yes, I am taking my Convergence, and probably losing (missing too much of the toolbox units), but I want to make a good showing of having my stuff assembled, primed, and well into the process of painting.

The Blerch can suck it, because I have an x-acto knife, superglue and primer - and I am not afraid to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment