Saturday, July 12, 2014

So, about Relic Knights. . . .

In between Warmachine and IKRPG sessions, I have managed to get in a whopping one (count 'em - 1!) game of Relic Knights.  So, I don't have this huge body of experience to pull from, but the game was a lot of fun.  I am sure that we did some things wrong, and we both made some significant mistakes, but we had a lot of fun, with my Black Diamond kicking his Noh all over the board for a while, only to wind up with an end situation where I could not maneuver well enough to box him into a corner and avoid being shot to death.

True, the game is very much weighted in favor of the Knights.  So what?  I knew that buying in - it is a skirmish game, and the dashboard with the ready queue allows you to ensure that you can use your most powerful models a lot more often than some of the other ones, but I kind of like that.  Scratch that - watching One Shot obliterate some things, and then get placed right back in the queue was a lot of fun.

I need to get more of my RK put together, so we can play some more games.  And I need to finish painting my FSA fleets, since I may have some Dystopian Wars models on the way.  And I picked up a Fenris model, so I might start painting and playing my Khador again.

Competing with those desires, of course, is Warmachine Tactics.  Which is all kinds of fun. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment