Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Impossible Dream Challenge

So, last year, Privateer Press announced the Impossible Dream Challenge. The challenge, in a nutshell, was to paint 100 points worth of Warmachine models in the month of November. I chose not to do it, mainly because November is NaNoWriMo, and I try to limit my impossible challenges to one at a time. But, not to worry - Privateer is doing it again, this time with Hordes, and this month.

So, while I have no expectations of actually finishing it (I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am not exactly a quick painter. Glacial is more my speed.), but I plan to use this month to get as much done as possible.

I looked over my models, and here is what I have chosen for the month of impossible dreaming:

Captain Gunnbjorn
Dire Troll Blitzer
Troll Axer
2x Troll Impaler
Winter Troll
Runebearer
pHoarluk
x2 Dire Troll Mauler (1 normal, 1 extreme)
Mulg
Slag Troll
Swamp Troll
Troll Bouncer
Fell Caller
Janissa Stonetide
6 Krielstone bearer & scribes
Stone Scribe Elder
10 Pyg Bushwackers
Thumper Crew
5 Trollkin Champions
10 Trollkin Fennblades
6 Trollkin Scattergunners
10 Pyg Burrowers

Yes, I know that it is well over 100 points. A couple of the models had some base colors on them, but, since others are not assembled or primed, and it is May 4, I'm going to cut myself some slack. Anyway, the challenge is really about getting as much stuff done as possible, not about some random number-crunching exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment