Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inaugural post

I am making this blog mainly to post about my gaming habits. The name comes from the fact that I am an army altaholic - or, I suffer from AADD - army attention deficit disorder. I say this with full and complete confidence, since, right now, in the basement, I have the following armies:

Warmachine/Hordes
  • Trollbloods
  • Skorne
  • Minions
  • Circle
  • Menoth
  • Retribution
  • Cryx
  • Cygnar
Warhammer 40k
  • Tau
  • Space Marines
  • Imperial Guard
  • Orks
Warhammer
  • Orcs & Goblins
  • Dwarves
  • Ogre Kingdoms
  • Skaven
  • Vampire Counts
Flames of War
  • Soviets
  • British (Africa)
  • Germans (Afrikacorps)
For each case, they are playable armies (though rarely "optimized" tourney-winning armies - which is OK, since I lose a lot), but that's not it. I also have forces for LoTR (Rohan, Moria, Minas Tirith, Cirith Ungol), plus 5 armies for DBA (which I have never played), fleets for Uncharted Seas and Firestorm Armada, some vehicles for Warlands, a bunch of 28mm Romans and Celts (for Field of Glory or Warhammer Ancients), a few hundred figs for Reaper's CAV system, and a couple of Warmaster armies.

I know that I have really done no more than list of half of the random piles of unpainted lead and plastic. There is a lot. And then some more. And then I open a random box that has been sealed for years, and say "Oh, look! Clan War figs! Huzzah!"

Needless to say, very little of this is painted. More on that in my next post.

ETA - forgot about Heavy Gear. I have a couple starter armies for that as well. And quite a few figs for Wargods of Aegyptus. And. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment