Saturday, August 6, 2011

And then there were three. . . .

So, today at the FLGS (L&J Hobbies), there were actually three of us. And, even stranger - all at once. I lost (and badly, I might add) using an ad hoc Cygnar force to Kharchev. I always seem to forget just how fast he can slingshot those jacks forward. And then the Khador player went up against a rookie Skorne player, using Khador and Skorne battleboxes. That one came pretty much down to the wire, with Morghul managing to take out Sorscha.

Hopefully, as summer winds down in the next couple of weeks, and people get back to their normal schedules, we will start seeing our player base stabilize and grow. We have anywhere from five to eight people who have expressed interest, and have armies, so once six or so start showing up on a regular basis, we should be okay.

Unfortunately, we have no space to play next week - the store is running a 40k 'Ard Boyz tourney, and there are still more 40k players than Warmahordes players. For now.

I do think that I am going to have to sit down and plan 35 point armies for as many factions as I can, using mainly the figs in the battleboxes (or, at most, changing the caster), so that I can put up a better fight, and so that ew can rope in new players more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment