Monday, June 11, 2012

Serendipity

First off, a confession.  I haven't painted anything since Thursday night.  We had company this weekend, so I just did not get the time.  I did, however, manage to get out yesterday and launch some model rockets, which I had to paint before flying.  Whacking a model rocket with a couple colors of spray paint is not quite the same thing as painting miniatures - though sometimes it's pretty close!

Anyway, I got to the FLGS on Saturday, hoping for a game.  Unfortunately, most of the local crowd wasn't in - in fact,  I was the only one there.  Well, shoot.  That's kind of a bummer.  But, I stuck around - I had said that I would be there, and it was good to get out of the house and talk shop with other geeks.

So, I hung around for the afternoon, and, happily enough, someone wandered in, hoping to see a game of Warmachine in action.  I did better than that - I gave him a full demo, Cygnar versus Khador.  Funnily enough, I lost, and the cossacks are gaining another convert.  I've agreed to bring in my Khador stuff for a few weeks, so that he can play and get started, while he begins to assemble his own collection of models.

No comments:

Post a Comment