Thursday, July 28, 2011

Random post

So, over the past couple of days, I have been thinking about this post, over at Iron Kingdoms at War. I pretty much agree with the whole thing - on the whole, I can think of many games I would rather play than 40k or WFB, but there is also no denying that it is often the only non-historical (war)game in town. So, since I must sometimes play 40k or WFB with people before I can convince them to play Warmahordes, I should probably keep somewhat up on the rules and maintain a small army.

But that doesn't mean that I need 4 separate 40k armies. Right now, I have Tau, I have Orks, I have Marines (who doesn't, right?), and I have Imperial Guard. Over on Bartertown, I thought I might have a trade going - all of my Tau for a pretty nice chunk of Menoth, enough that, while I would be missing some units (Cleansers, Cinerators, Bastions), and would have duplicates of a couple of casters, it was certainly a good deal for me. (And for the other party - I believe it was something like $750, in War Store prices, for the Menoth, and well over $1250 base retail for the Tau.)

It's been a couple of days though, and my initial excitement at getting rid of some GW, and turning Menoth from suddenly my third or fourth largest Warmachine army to my largest overnight has somewhat evaporated in the waiting process. (Never fear - I'm still committed to the deal, if the other party is as well.) If the deal falls through, I may keep my Tau, since I still have the current codex, and it's pretty playable, in theory. But my Guard Tank army isn't, since I lack the current codex. Maybe I should peel off half a dozen tanks or so, and see what kind of Warmahordes stuff I could get for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment