Friday, July 22, 2011

Thursday gaming

So, last night, instead of making the drive east, I headed west. The goal was to stop by the closer store on a Thursday night, aka "Warhammer Night" and see if I could start peeling any players away.

I did manage to run one demo game, playing against someone who had been a Menoth player in MK I, but had switched back to Warhammer before MK II came out. He managed to kill Sorscha on a lucky hit - truly so, he had to have Kreoss charge his own Crusader in order to get close enough to pop his feat, and then he spelled poor Sorscha, whacking her with Immolation until she died - which she did, on a roll of boxcars just as he ran out of focus. Had it failed, Kreoss was going down on the my next turn, but that's what the game is all about.

He and I talked about the changes in the game, and I have offered to loan him my MK II Menoth deck whenever I am there, if he wants to play beyond the battlebox. With any luck, we've picked up another player for Saturdays, which gets us a little closer to the day when we have a regular Saturday group of 6 to 8 players.

No comments:

Post a Comment