Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The sorting hat.

OKay, I did not wear a hat of any type when I was making my decision.  And I barely had anything alcoholic to drink, so it was a fairly sober, reflective decision.  Basically, last night, and this morning, I start sorting through everything that I had.  Sure, I have a fairly current list in iBodger, and while it is not too far off in terms of how many figures I have, it is wildly inaccurate when it comes to determining how far along most of my figures are.  If I wanted to play Cygnar at GenCon, for example, it would be good to know that I would have to do some assembly work before I could really begin to paint much beyond the 35 point level.

I didn't get everything sorted out before I made my decision.  800 or so figs takes a while to go through, but pretty early on, it became clear that Minions would be something that I could actually finish.  I won't have enough to field a 100 pt army (since my Gators and my Pigs both top out at about 70 points, less warlock points, so 60ish in terms of actual gameplay), but I will be able to field 50 points with any of the 3 Gator or Pig casters. 

This means that I would have six armies (more or less), and they will all have different play styles, but there is a fairly small number of miniatures to paint, and a small number of cards to know, and know well.  Iron Arena may not be a tourney environment, but that does not mean that I should not be familiar with whatever I happen to take with me.

Thus, my painting queue stands as follows (roughly):

  • Dr Arkadius
  • Lord Carver
  • Sturm & Drang
  • Bloody Barnabus
  • Caliban
  • Mealok
  • 2 Blackhide Wrastlers
  • Bull Snapper
  • Ironback Spitter
  • Boneswarm
  • 2 Warhogs
  • 2 Gun Boars
  • 20 Farrow brigands
  • 6 Bone grinders
  • 6 Slaughterhousers
  • 1 Razorback crew
  • Targ
  • 16 Bog Trogs
  • 10 Gatormen
  • 2 Swamp Gobbers
  • Alten Ashley
  • Croak Hunter
  • Saxon Orrik
  • Totem Hunter
I have some other items that I want to pick up in the next month or so - at least one Road Hog, one Swamp Horror, another unit of Gatormen, and so forth.  It's a fairly small amount of addition (model-wise - the dollar amount is something else!), so this might just happen.

Tonight, I finished up one of the Gatormen leaders, worked on another four of the gators (two are done, and three are being stripped), and started on the swamp gobbers.  I also did some other work on a few more of the models above, although not much.  The four gators should be done before the end of the month, and possibly all of them will be.  Once they are done, I will move on to the slaughterhousers and the bone grinders, although I will probably do a color test for the bog trogs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment