Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not much painting tonight

Blah.  I only managed to paint for about 45 minutes or so tonight, but (1) that's better than nothing; and (2) I should be getting some stuff done in the next day or two because of it.  All of my gatorman posse models are now primed - the three that were being stripped were cleaned up, reassembled, and primed today.  The others all got some work done tonight - I plan on concentrating on two of them tomorrow, and finishing them (for a completed unit), and working on all the others.  The two need detail work and basing, basically, so as long as I get some time tomorrow, it's going to happen.

I also worked a little on the swamp goblins tonight, plus some terrain.  I need to start working on raising cash for GenCon - either selling off terrain, or whole armies that I no longer use.  I have a theoretical budget, but I know from experience that I need to set aside an extra $50 or $100 for random, kewl boardgames, deeply discounted OOP figs, random "wow, that's a nice sculpt!" purchases, and so forth.

(I also have an idea of how much I want to spend at the PP booth, the DP9 booth, etc.  It won't be cheap.  Too bad eBay won't let me sell hobo kidneys and the like.)

This leads to a mild rant/vent.  I have some things up on Bartertown.  I am not expecting full value - I think I have a fairly reasonable expectation of what I can get for a Tau army, and some of the terrain currently up there is basically a "I want it out of the basement" situation, not a "I want to make some serious cash" situation.  But I am getting some weird emails - it's not people wanting to split the lot, but people wanting to split the lot, if I make the right offer.  OKay. . . I have a group of Tau, which I do not want to part out just yet, and people telling me that they will take some of the choicer items off my hands, if I am willing to make the right offer.  Suuuuure.

No comments:

Post a Comment