Sunday, July 22, 2012

A quick post-mortem

Well, that went about as I expected.  I went 0-3 (though apparently that got changed to 1-2, which I dispute.  I lost that match fair and square, dangnabit!)

I'll do a longer recap later, but I lost R1 to skorne.  Yes, he had good dice, and yes, I had bad dice, but my initial set-up was poor, and I paid for it.  I'd like to blame it on the dice, but I got outplayed.

R2 was the one that got changed.  There was some confusion on the rules for colossals.  I lost, and I am going to keep it as a loss, because I did not know the rules on them well enough to correct the other player.  I wear the black, I should know the rules.  Besides, I claim moral victory - I killed the stormwall.

R3 - lost that one too.  I made a mistake, and while it did not kill me, it did force my hand to take a risky move.  I could have pulled it off, but I could not get out of the way of my own dice.  Average rolls should have actually given me the game.  Didn't, but should have.

I don't want anyone reading this to get the impression that I am bitter or upset.  I'm not.  Warmachine has a steep learning curve, and yeah, I have to lose a lot more matches than I have been playing if I want to get better.  But, as I keep telling me kids - the most important thing is to have fun.  And I had a lot of fun, pushing my little metal gators and pigs around the table, groaning at the bad dice, and cheering on the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment